STATEMENT OF FAITH
(As stated in the New Covenant Fellowship Church Statement of Beliefs)
- God has revealed Himself to be the living and true God, perfect in love and righteous in all His ways; one in essence, existing eternally in the three persons of the Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Bible, both Old and New Testaments, is the inspired, infallible Word of God. It is, therefore, our final authority in matters of our faith, practice, and conduct.
- God, by His word and for His glory, freely created the world from nothing. He made man and woman in His own image, as the crown of creation, that they might have fellowship with Him. Tempted by Satan, they rebelled against God. Being estranged from their Maker, yet responsible to him, they became subject to divine wrath, inwardly depraved, and, apart from grace, incapable of returning to God.
- The only Mediator between God and humankind is Christ Jesus our Lord, God’s eternal Son, who being conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, fully shared and fulfilled our humanity in a life of perfect obedience as true God and true man. By His death in our stead, He revealed the divine love and upheld divine justice, removing our guilt and reconciling us to God. Having redeemed us from sin, the third day He rose bodily from the grave, victorious over death and the powers of darkness. He ascended into heaven where at God’s right hand, He intercedes for His people and rules as Lord over all.
- The Holy Spirit, through the proclamation of the gospel, renews our hearts, persuading us to repent of our sins and confess Jesus as Savior and Lord. By the same Spirit we are led to trust in divine mercy, whereby we are forgiven all our sins, justified by faith alone through the merit of Christ our Savior, and granted the free gift of eternal life.
- God graciously adopts us into His family and enables us to call him Father. As we are led by the Spirit, we grow in the knowledge of the Lord, becoming transformed into Christ’s image, and endeavoring so to live in the world that all may see our good works and glorify our Father who is in heaven.
- The true Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ. The church is summoned by Christ to offer acceptable worship to God and to serve him by preaching the gospel and making disciples of all nations, by tending the flock through the ministry of the Word, ordinances, and through daily pastoral care, by striving for social justice, and by relieving human distress and need. For such work, members of the Church are to be a vital and committed part of a local church. And further, that every local church has the right under Christ to decide and govern its own affairs.
- Water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are the ordinances to be observed by the Church during this present age. They are not regarded as means to salvation.
- God’s redemptive purpose will be consummated by the visible, glorious, imminent return of Christ to raise the dead, rapture the church, to judge all people according to the deeds done in the body, and to establish His glorious kingdom. The wicked shall be separated from God’s presence, but the righteous in glorious bodies shall live and reign with Him forever. Then shall the eager expectation of creation be fulfilled and the whole earth shall proclaim the glory of God who makes all things new.